About Me

My photo
McMinnville, Oregon
Journey with me during this bit of change. We will see what comes down the road and meanders into our path. I still enjoy LomasLOL because well, we LOL a lot around our home and pretty much anywhere and it worked as a blog title for me when I started blogging. Now a new path.

Monday, July 28, 2008

WOW...more than I wanted to know!

This morning I checked out GERD (acid reflux) for pregnant women on the Internet. There is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more information than I ever wanted to know. I don't recommend going to medical sites when you are not a doctor and if you are a bit queasy. What prompted this?

So, for the second time during this wonderful third trimester of my pregnancy, I woke up with GERD (acid reflux). I know what I did, ate garlic, ate too much and ate lots of sweets...in a short amount of time. (Ask Allison and Bethany, they were there too, but since they are not pg, I bet they had no worries at 1:00 AM like me). So...what woke me up? (queasy stomachs read no further) Vurping! That is right, no little, "oh, I don't feel well", it was a full on v-burp and it was gross, it hurt and it made me have to walk around our house for a good 40 mins then (try to sleep) sitting up for another hour. Well, after finally getting back to sleep and feeling better (I love antacids) I was fine and dandy, no worries. The best part...my oh-so-sympathetic-husband, ie. the father of my child.

Paige: Wow, I feel a lot better. I really had bad heartburn last night.
Carlos: Yeah, I know. I heard you walking around.
Paige: (waiting for some sympathy with a pregnant pause...hee hee, couldn't resist)
Paige: Well, I didn't like it. What is up with that? (I was fishing for some sympathy and of course it backfired)
Carlos: What do you expect? I saw what you ate.

If I wasn't so tired, unable to move quickly and a little moritfied I would have hauled off and punched him in the nose (with a pillow of course)! Repeat after me..."I love my husband. I am carrying his child. I love my husband. I am carrying his child...."

No comments: