About Me

My photo
McMinnville, Oregon
Journey with me during this bit of change. We will see what comes down the road and meanders into our path. I still enjoy LomasLOL because well, we LOL a lot around our home and pretty much anywhere and it worked as a blog title for me when I started blogging. Now a new path.

Saturday, July 5, 2008

This is Americana




So, we headed to our local middle school field to watch the 25th anniversary fire works show. Blankets in tow, pillow, snacks and camera. As I looked around I noticed many people from all walks of life, kids running around, lots of neon, short shorts, loud parents and even louder kids and I made a rather snide comment to my friend, "Wow, this fire works show brings out the best of McMinnville." (was a snobby, yes) And her comment..."This is Americana!" It brought it all into perspective. I think (thought) of 4th as somewhere around 1950 and reality is this is 2008. Guess I need to wake up and smell the latte! Bethany and her kids, Jake and Steve enjoying the show!

No comments: