About Me

My photo
McMinnville, Oregon
Journey with me during this bit of change. We will see what comes down the road and meanders into our path. I still enjoy LomasLOL because well, we LOL a lot around our home and pretty much anywhere and it worked as a blog title for me when I started blogging. Now a new path.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A HUGE Milestone for Us



Well, today is the day that Carlos no longer works in Hillsboro...that means he is no longer commuting! After many years, much discussion and paying off some major bills we are ready for Carlos to be a part-time worker here in McMinnville and a part-time Mr. Mom to new baby! We are thrilled! He will work for a close family friend full-time until I go back to work in December then he will be part-time at home. It is a huge change in our family and we are very excited, nervous, scared and hoping that this is what will work for us for a few years. So...tonight my mom threw a "let's-have-a-party-for-Carlos" at her house...complete with BBQ, all the kids and many kid-made signs decorating her house. It was very thoughtful and much appreciated. Carlos even got a bit teared up at times. Here is Carlos and I enjoying our time together and realizing that he is going to be around a lot more...yeah! :) Kari took the pictures...in the background (this is what you would hear) my brother informing me that it is good to only have two chins showing instead of three, my sister poising as to how I should hold my head, my mom telling me to fix my necklace, the kids laughing and playing in the backyard...but hey, isn't that what family is all about? (maybe that explains the look on our faces in the 2nd pix??? Or Carlos is just checking me out? hee hee )

2 comments:

Miranda said...

Hey! I finally figured out how to find your blog! (The address you gave me in your email didn´t work)

It looks like you all are having a great summer! Miss you and I´ll see you soon!

Michelle said...

Wow! I congratulate you on such a big change. Those are hard to do sometimes, but am sure it will all work out. I had no idea until I tripped on your blog that you were expecting since it has been so long since I've seen you. Seems like yesterday you were introducing Courtney to Newby and now she is moving on to middle school! Ahhhhh! Ry starts kindergarten in the fall. Big changes in store. Take care...