About Me

My photo
McMinnville, Oregon
Journey with me during this bit of change. We will see what comes down the road and meanders into our path. I still enjoy LomasLOL because well, we LOL a lot around our home and pretty much anywhere and it worked as a blog title for me when I started blogging. Now a new path.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Blogging Provoked by the River








After much deliberation, thinking of a blog title and so forth...I finally am doing it (not very well...yet, but I am doing it) posting a blog and wanting very badly to (hopefully) show some pictures of our quick trip to visit friends on the Umpqua River. So, here goes the blogging, posting, typing a quick diary of events and showing you all some pictures...

CJ and I left Friday am for our 3 hour drive to Umpqua, outside Sutherlin, this side of Roseburg...Oregon that is. Our friends have a rather large spread right on the river and it is as peaceful, relaxing and wonderful as it can get...camping, but with some nice accomodations (we stay in "the little house"). It is CJ's favorite place in all of Oregon and ranks right up there with the beach and Timberline Lodge for me! Carlos joined us Friday night after he had worked and we decided two cars and twice the gas is worth the trip. The long drive is well worth it because Sat and Sun had temps of 90+ and we literally sat in the river for hours at a time...floating, sitting, talking, laughing, sharing, remembering, splashing and or course just soaking up all the natural beauty all around us.

Since my mom and niece were also there for the weekend, we had twice as much fun as usual. The more the merrier and the more to make sm'ores at the firepit! Joann and Jake are gracious hosts and their son Tony keeps Carlos busy...building a river raft! The kids even helped paint it!

We are very grateful for the wonderful time spent with such great friends and family in such an awesome setting, we are very blessed. Thanks!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Way to go! I put you on my Google Reader account, so the pressure is on. . . .

Judy said...

OMG!!! I thought that I was the only one in the world who knows where the heck Umpqua, Oregon is! My grandpa, parents, and uncle all have property on the river--Tyee Road to be exact. We're headed there in a few weeks. Fun! Oh and welcome to the blogosphere!