About Me

My photo
McMinnville, Oregon
Journey with me during this bit of change. We will see what comes down the road and meanders into our path. I still enjoy LomasLOL because well, we LOL a lot around our home and pretty much anywhere and it worked as a blog title for me when I started blogging. Now a new path.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Honey, give me a kiss...

That is what Carlos said to me while:
-I was nursing
-it was early (ok, maybe early to me is 9:00AM due to lack of sleep, see previous)
-I still had not brushed my teeth, was unsure if he had...
-I don't remember the last time he actually said those words and it caught be off guard
-I refused at first (see previous about brushing teeth)
-finally gave him my cheek/nose area...

When I did get the kiss in the cheek/nose area he backed up, looked at me and said, Happy Anniversary! (I now feel horrible) I told/asked him to come back in for another kiss...I was totally denied! (again, see previous)

Here is a little about what happened 12 years ago...for those who were not there!
It was a Wednesday evening, 6:30 PM wedding at First Baptist Church in McMinnville, small chapel, 65 guests were invited, sit-down dinner in Fireplace room, very hot outside and inside, Cara sang, my father walked me half-way down the aisle and my step-dad picked me up and took me to the alter, Carlos was really cute and funny and sweet, the pastor messed up on the Lord's Prayer, did I mention it was really hot?, food and cake were delicious, family and friends blew bubbles to us as we exited (sooooo mid-90's), we drove to Flying M Ranch, stayed in a friend's parent's trailer, whole entire family joined us for lunch the next day (awkward to say the least), enjoyed our time together playing Gin, hanging out and well, you know..., Saturday had a much larger reception with all the dancing, food, another cake, new hairdo, same dress and tux and lots of partying at the Sr. Center (sooooo, mid-90's Mac), then out to my parent's house for some serious fun, dancing and more party-party. The rest is wedded bliss!
I just have to say that Carlos is the best partner for me, I love him, he is a great dad, he is fun and I have loved this roller-coaster ride of fun, excitement with all the ups, downs and whoop-dee-dos that life can throw at us these 12 years...and looking forward to many, many more!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Well, it is fair to say you've been a little, uh, preoccupied!!! I'm sure he understands. He sounds really sweet and glad you are happy with 12 years behind you. Tom & I will celebrate #15 in February. Hard to believe how time flies. Enjoy Zac. He is cute as can be. Happy Anniversary!

Audrey said...

Twelve years!? That should just about kill her (inside joke). I had a looooooottttt of fun on this night 12 years ago--it was hot, but dang if the company and good food and booze took my mind off of all of it. Plus I was like, what, 40 pounds lighter or something back then so I probably barely felt it. Good times, good times.

Aud

Allison said...

Oops! At least you have a really good excuse for that one. Congratulations on twelve years!

Paige Lomas said...

I have (have) to comment on my own blog BECAUSE Carlos (actually) read my post and he said, "You totally forgot to mention that I came in with breakfast for you in bed, asking for a kiss..." So, to top it all off? Carlos has always served me b-fast in bed Sat or Sun...I think that is about to change...what do you think?

Sarri said...

Happy Anniversary! And breakfast in bed- EVERY week?? Get out!