About Me

My photo
McMinnville, Oregon
Journey with me during this bit of change. We will see what comes down the road and meanders into our path. I still enjoy LomasLOL because well, we LOL a lot around our home and pretty much anywhere and it worked as a blog title for me when I started blogging. Now a new path.

Monday, August 4, 2008

The Evil Empire

Well, it happened today. I entered the store that I have not been to in about a year or so. A store that I have been to in the past, but have chosen to not return to...for various reasons, most importantly...IT IS AN EVIL EMPIRE! What is the name of this store you ask? Starts with a W and ends in a -mart. I was there about an hour (spending a fabulous gift card, thanks Barb!) and found 6 things I needed, about 4 things I didn't really need right now and never got 2 things that were on my list...EVIL! My friend Kari called while I was in said Evil Empire and asked if I needed a rescue and/or if she could join me...sure I said, I will be in the pillow aisle (needed item). When she located me, she had to laugh at my choice of jewelry that day...since I knew I was going to said Evil Empire I thought sporting my pearl earrings, necklace and ankle bracelet would be appropriate...I was trying to look like a really "belonged" there. (side note: if you choose to shop there I will not hold that against you or make fun of you and will still be your friend) Anyway, after getting all the things that I needed, didn't need and wandering around trying to find things I made a quick mental note of why I really do not like that place:
1. it is dirty
2. there are people there that have no problem using "ain't" one or two times in their sentences
3. lots of crying babies, toddlers, children...
4. their items are very cheap and it bothers me that I choose to shop at a locally owned store (starts with a B and ends with -mart) and pay more (according to Allison) and shouldn't have to pay more...things should be the same price everywhere!
5. it is dirty...did I mention that?
6. there is trash all over the parking lot
7. the salespeople are really nice, I hate that nice people work in a place I can't stand....not fair!
8. lots of women choose not to wear bras in said store...even though they are dirt cheap! (see #4)
9. I am sure I will think of another reason I can't stand this store...and it will come to me, but I will spare you the blog!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, "evil empire", eh? Well, I spend WAY too much money and time in that so called evil empire and it never fails when I come home, there was always something left off "the list" and I get to go back another day! :)

Sarri said...

I seriously SERIOUSLY hate that place too. HATE IT! (Although I do go there once in a while. But not very often!!!!)

Ty and Molly said...

I totally agree. I try not to go there but do fall into the trap every once and a while. Why can't McMinnville have a target?

Kelsey & Lonnie had there baby about a week and 1/2 ago...a little boy named Miles. 5 1/2 lbs...about 3 weeks early.

Anna Gradek said...

I "heart" Bi-Mart! That's all I will say. (My mommy taught me if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all).

Audrey said...

Totally freaking hate the place. In my entire life I've spent all of $5 in one. Can you add terrible benefits for overworked employees to your list? And the homogenization of the world, too? Yeah.