Well, I am two weeks from my due date today. I had thought through this whole pregnancy that I would have delivered by today or before today...why? CJ was two weeks early and I have based this whole pregnancy on what it was like before. So, now that reality has set in and I know that (duh!) this one is completely different than 8 years ago I am settled into the fact that I could go full term, it could go slow and that to just take one day at a time. Here are some good facts/thoughts that keep me going: 1. My house is clean 2. Baby bag is packed 3. My bag is packed 4. As of today my classroom is all ready to go, no need to go back to work until Nov. 1st! 5. I feel relaxed as of 5:00 today 6. I am dilated to 2 and 50% effaced with a moderately soft cervix 7. Did I mention that I am more relaxed? 8. The baby is moving constantly and I have contractions enough times for me to remember that yeah...this is going to totally hurt! 9. I am ready to go for some walks, get out and about and get things going a bit faster now that I feel "ready" and 10. I have resolved to take it easy and have patience and enjoy the ride!
I have not mentioned that I am married to the best guy in the world and that he is totally supportive, loving and rubs my back at the first sound of my sigh, breathing or as soon as he hears me up and about late these past few nights. (Wow, maybe I am getting close to delivery...I am so sentimental and emotional!) As for CJ, he is beside himself with excitement, talks to my tummy every night and loves his baby brother, "Zac-Zac". We are all ready for this little guy.
As for the rest of my family and friends...thanks for all the calls, the texts, emails and messages of "how are you today", "anything new", "any baby yet?", "are you surviving the heat?"...they are all welcomed and appreciated. I feel loved and blessed.
Well, nothing like blogging for some therapy...now I must sign off before I start crying all over the keyboard! Here's to having this baby when he is ready...I know I am!

7 comments:
Can't wait to see that little guy! What an exciting time for your family, and it must feel SO good to have everything in order, especially your classroom. Hmmm, you're 14 days early...I won't mention that Grayson was 12 days late!!! Just ask Sarri how much fun that was for me! But sounds like things are already rockin' and rollin' for you--no way will you have to wait that long! I'll be thinkin' about you, and like you said--enjoy the ride!
You can have Zac anytime between now and Monday...I am totally free.
I love my seeestor!!!!
Wow, great job getting everything ready. It will happen before you know it. Hope you have a safe, FAST delivery. Would love to email now and then, but not sure how we'll exchange that info. Take care though...
Been thinking about you. Are you as freaking hot as I am? Not if that wonderful husband of yours got your heat pump in. Sooooo jealous. I think the temperature in my bedroom right now is about 88-89 degrees. Yeah. And for those of you not in the know: I am 8 months preggars. Oy.
Sending you good labor thoughts.
Aud
ahhhh...Those are good numbers my friend! I can't wait to meet little ZeeBob. Having all your 'ducks' in a row is such a good thing and I am glad that it is allowing you to relax. I look forward to the call and I am thinking about you and your family often!
Another blog post idea...vote for the due date or time?
Love you my friend!
So exciting!! I'm glad you are feeling relaxed and ready. Can't wait to hear the news!!!!
Paige-ee...Of course you have everything in order...you are such the organized momma. i can't wait to meet your little guy. You sound so relaxed and content. Here's to you woman!
Post a Comment