About Me
- Paige Lomas
- McMinnville, Oregon
- Journey with me during this bit of change. We will see what comes down the road and meanders into our path. I still enjoy LomasLOL because well, we LOL a lot around our home and pretty much anywhere and it worked as a blog title for me when I started blogging. Now a new path.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Parent-Teacher Conferences
Here is a shocker...I like conferences. I like meeting the parents and "finally" knowing why their child acts the way they do (the good, bad and ugly). I like listening to the parents share some funny story or pretty much anything about their child and it makes a connection for me to have with them in class. I like seeing the whole family interact, the dynamics and how their child acts. I notice that parents all have generally the same goal for their child (to be successful). I like seeing the parent in me in so many of my students' parents. It is always comforting to know you are not an island. I find it all interesting and really do feel it makes me a better teacher for their child. I like sharing with the parents that I like their child and usually have some silly story to share with them too. I like conferences even when the news to share is not that great (academics and behaviors are sometimes not a great pair) because eventually it all comes out that 2nd grade is at the beginning of their academic career and really, can't we all just get along and have some fun? So, there you have it...I like conferences. There you have it. The secret it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't. Yet another difference between you and me.
Post a Comment