About Me

My photo
McMinnville, Oregon
Journey with me during this bit of change. We will see what comes down the road and meanders into our path. I still enjoy LomasLOL because well, we LOL a lot around our home and pretty much anywhere and it worked as a blog title for me when I started blogging. Now a new path.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Miracle of Friendship


It makes me laugh to know they all flew 3,000 miles and then come to sit in airplane seats and watch a video on the Spruce Goose.

It truly is a miracle. I am not sure why there are some people who I meet and instantly we are friends for life. Is is the time we meet, the what-we-are-doing and what-we-have-in-common? Is it the circumstances of our meeting? Combination? Why is it that some people have to "grow on ya" and then finally you are friends? For whatever reason this friendship started and now has stayed for 19 years is amazing. We met our first term at OSU and she left the following term. Those two short terms were packed with excitement, drama (more than I care to remember), laughs and the sleepless nights of studying and partying as only you can do your freshman year of college but they sealed a friendship. She moved to NYC to become a nanny.

I went to visit Katy back in 1996 for a fabulous 10 days in NYC. She was the perfect hostess and took me all over the city. Country mouse had met city mouse. I loved every second there. The city that never sleeps was a giant playground of fun. We had some good times in those days. She came back home to OR for a visit here and there over the years. We talk on the phone and now with texting and Facebook, well it seems we are more connected than ever. I do love hearing her talk though...she has a bit of a NY accent.

She came to visit her sister and we made plans to do dinner. Her hubby and two boys were coming for a family vacation. I was so excited! We met at the Evergreen Museum, home of the Spruce Goose, did some tourist stuff and then headed back to our house for some dinner and let the boys play. My 9 year old and 1 year old had a blast with her 6 and 4 year olds. Four boys and lots of toys all over the house was perfect. Can I just say she has not changed a bit in 19 years! All in all is was a quick visit but perfectly wonderful. The husbands met (and got along), the boys all played together and Katy and I got to catch up. I am hoping that I can blog soon about a trip to NYC!

1 comment:

Allison said...

It is funny how there are just some people that you connect with--it seems like you've never been apart when you get together! It sounds like you had a great time catching up!