About Me

My photo
McMinnville, Oregon
Journey with me during this bit of change. We will see what comes down the road and meanders into our path. I still enjoy LomasLOL because well, we LOL a lot around our home and pretty much anywhere and it worked as a blog title for me when I started blogging. Now a new path.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Deactivated

"Too much. Too tired."
I have deactivated my Facebook account. It was coming. I knew it was. I was ready.
How do I feel right now? Fabulous. Free. Ready for time to do something else.

Here is something interesting. When you go to deactivate your account you have to give a reason. You can't just deactivate by selecting "other". I tried. I may have forgotten, but I don't recall Facebook needing a reason I joined but here they are feeling like a wounded friend and requiring me to tell them why I am leaving. Argh! So I put, "I don't have time" and guess what? Another window popped up and told me how Facebook can help with my problem. I was floored. Facebook really wants me so badly that it was negotiating with my decision? At that point, deactivation was not coming fast enough.

Good bye to my new friend. You knew the 2D version of me and I am ready for some 3D action, face to face. You knew me as a few short lines of post, often sarcastic and venting and often highlighting only one thread of my life and I am ready for some real conversation with voice, intonation and reflection. I am ready to return to my former life.

I wonder when I am going to pick up a journal and pen again? Blogger are you up next?