About Me
- Paige Lomas
- McMinnville, Oregon
- Journey with me during this bit of change. We will see what comes down the road and meanders into our path. I still enjoy LomasLOL because well, we LOL a lot around our home and pretty much anywhere and it worked as a blog title for me when I started blogging. Now a new path.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
A Time to Remember
I love when I remember something about my grandparents. It can can be sparked by a smell, sound, word, phrase, locale and/or picture. You know what I speak of...it is crazy how even the smallest, tiniest memory can bring a flood of emotions. All of my memories of my grandfather make me smile, giggle, laugh, chuckle and feel warm and cozy. He was a great man. He was so helpful and kind to everyone. He volunteers for so much and gave his time freely. He was always willing to help out. I remember asking him to help me with a project my senior year in high-school (drawing a cartoon) He not only did it, but explained the background, gave insight and was happy to help me out. He let me drive when I had my permit...those were fun times. He let me use his truck to drive into town when I needed (wanted) to visit my friends. He understood that sometimes it is nice to just sit and be still. He loved butter! He ate it on everything. He knew how to have a good time. He always had a funny joke to share. My mom made him lobster dinner for his birthday every year. He always wore a hat. He loved my grandma very much. He thought us kids were sometimes too wild and crazy. He liked to sit around and talk. He was smart and loved to tinker with things, figure them out. He could take apart anything and put it back together...cleaner and running smoothly. I love that my son CJ is so much like him. I love when I see CJ working on a project and using so much detail, it reminds me so much of my grandpa. I love when I see CJ helping others and being kind. He really is so much like his (middle) namesake, Jules E. Utterberg, my gramps. Today is a day to remember all that you did for your family and for your country. You loved Veteran's Day. I loved seeing you in your uniform, hat and pins. You were so self-less and gave so much to so many. You will always be remembered in my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Do you want to go to the moon or orbit?
Post a Comment