About Me

My photo
McMinnville, Oregon
Journey with me during this bit of change. We will see what comes down the road and meanders into our path. I still enjoy LomasLOL because well, we LOL a lot around our home and pretty much anywhere and it worked as a blog title for me when I started blogging. Now a new path.

Friday, July 3, 2009

Oregon Coast


I love this picture of CJ out in the (freezing cold) water and having a blast!

At the cheese factory. This is CJ's favorite way of carrying his little brother.

The boys on the beach...Stevie, Zac, Jake and CJ.

Zac's very first time in the ocean! CJ is the best big brother!

Love, love, love this picture. This is CJ's red hat and we have a ton of pictures of him at the beach wearing the same hat. I am bummed we didn't get a family shot that day...CJ in red trunks, my red suit top and Zac in his red stripes. We were really cute. Maybe too much red for some but not for us!
Bethany and her two boys (Stevie and Jake) came to pick us up at 10 am Thursday. It was going to be hot in the valley. They said mid 90's. We were out of here! Four boys and two moms...we could do it. I told the boys that moms were in charge and no worries, we were going to have some fun. And fun we did have. We drove straight to Starbucks then off down the road to Neskowin. My favorite beach with Proposal Rock staring at you all day and the little river readily available if the ocean gets too big or cold. We packed in way too much gear, food and toys than we really needed but it was all worth it for 5 hours of fun on the Oregon Coast. It was hot! OK, 75 degrees is hot for Oregon. Not a cloud in the sky and a cool breeze coming in off the ocean. We didn't care that there was sand everywhere...in the sandwiches, on the blankets, on the chairs and all over Zac's face. It turned out to be a perfect day at the beach. Of course I have a ton of pictures but how do I decide which ones to put in? I really think this may be a problem this summer!
After we left Neskowin we headed to Lincoln City to find a hotel. No problem. Really. We ran all the boys through the shower and into clean clothes and headed off to dinner. No fancy seafood for us though (all restaurants were packed) we made our way to a favorite...Burger King. Not kidding. Come on...we are traveling with four boys! (OK, one is 1o months old and slept the entire time at dinner but still...) Then back to the hotel in time for Bethany to take the big kids for a sunset walk on the beach. We all fell asleep in nice comfy beds and awoke to some really loud music at some random hour! Not sure what that was all about but I am thankful I am not an apartment dweller anymore! Friday (today) we headed to Pig'n Pancake (We are at the beach remember...with four boys!) and then to the Tillamook Cheese Factory (OK, that was my idea. I have not been there for years) to see some cheese being made and have some ice cream. Pistachio Pecan...yum!
Now I am hope blogging with a really bad sun-burned back and looking at some great pictures. I know that this summer is going to go by quickly so I am going to take each day as it is and enjoy it to the fullest.

1 comment:

Anna Gradek said...

I'm sad I missed this fun day with all the boys! Guess we'll have to do it again really soon! And yes, I TOTALLY remember CJ wearing that hat! Some of my favorite pictures are of him wearing that same hat.