So, you are wondering...does she teach math? Why, yes I do, but read on at your own risk to figure out this math problem.
I work at the same school that CJ attends. So whenever there is a problem with him I get a call from the office and get to be Mom fairly rapidly. I like being close. In fact so does CJ. When I was on maternity leave for the first 2 months of school, he told me it was weird and that he didn't like that I wasn't in the building. Ahhhh, shucks! I love my little guy.
So, Monday I got a call that CJ was in the office "not feeling well". I went down there and he was in the health room, head in a garbage can and had just got done throwing up...right in front of the office. He was pale and not looking good. Long story short we got him cleaned up and home. Once home he slept 3 hours then up for a few then back to sleep for a good 10 more. We had everything worked out, schedules arranged and re-arranged for someone to stay at home with him on Tuesday. Tuesday morning he pops out of bed with a "I feel great. I want to go to school." Side note: he has not been tardy or missed a day this year. His doing. So, he went to school and all has been fine.
Tuesday. Normal day. No problems.
Wednesday, 1:30 (I am teaching) I think to myself, uhhh...I don't feel well. Yikes! I got to go to the bathroom NOW. Needless to say I was home in the comfort of my own "facilities" by 1:50. Lots of the same issues as my son. Not fun. I can't remember the last time I actually threw up because of being sick. I barely made it through the rest of the night. My brother and sister were total champs and came to the rescue. Thank you! Needless to say I did not "pop" out of bed this morning ready for work. Must have something to do with my age? Yikes!
So, my blog title? Two 24 hour flu over the course of 72 hours....or something like that. Hang on let me get a calculator. Or not. Must make time for another nap today. (Thanks Sarri for subbing and willing to take on 24 children on PJ day! You are a great friend. I TOTALLY owe you!)

1 comment:
You are very welcome! I'm glad you guys are on the mend! We had a fun day at school and it was great to spend the day with the kids again!
Post a Comment