Well...let's see...I will start with the oldest:
Carlos has been working two jobs that make up one full time job. When he is not working he is catching up on his sleep, doing fun stuff with CJ, holding Zac on his chest, changing and/or burping Zac, doing house stuff...basically being a great dad, husband and partner!
CJ has been settling into 3rd grade and will start soccer practice tonight! Wow! He has been doing a great job with Zac and just the other day carried him to his changing table and changed his diaper all my himself! I am amazed (over and over) about their bond.
I have been trying to take a shower everyday, do a load of laundry everyday and get some small project done everyday...between nursing, changing diapers and getting in a nap myself those three prior items on my agenda seem very huge!
Zac has been sleeping anywhere from 1-4 hours at time with no schedule, pooping (a lot), smiling very infrequently, eyes open but not too much in focus most of the time, wearing cute outfits and basically the joy of our life everyday! Oh and he "climbs" into bed with CJ every morning to wake him up with a huge kiss! Too cute! I love my boys!
The days are just packed and often none of the above gets done, but it is all worth it as I realize at the end of the day that my hair is dirty (just one day), there is dinner on the table (or in the frig ready to be made very quickly) and all I have done is hold my baby all day, nap with him and just enjoy his new-born-ness! Side note: he is out of newborn diapers and into 1's...I am a little sadden by this!

5 comments:
and don't forget to mention the walks around the neighborhood which do require a shower after completing! Especially when Auntie Anna has to hold baby Zac pretty much the whole time! Enjoy this time with him! Maybe I'll take some aunternity leave and stay home with him January and February!!! Wouldn't that be the best!
I like the idea of aunternity leave. Great idea!!
Loving the updates. Glad you are enjoying your days with sweet Zac.
Isn't it amazing how fast the time is going by...I almost start to tear when I think about going back to work. I love being home and getting not much done but loving on Maya. We need to set up a play date/walk for the babies!
Hey Lady! When are you going to post again!?
Washing your hair every day is over-rated. I like getting mine good and nasty dirty, which is easy given that I chase a toddler all day long. Oh and yes, I'm still pregnant.
Post a Comment