About Me

My photo
McMinnville, Oregon
Journey with me during this bit of change. We will see what comes down the road and meanders into our path. I still enjoy LomasLOL because well, we LOL a lot around our home and pretty much anywhere and it worked as a blog title for me when I started blogging. Now a new path.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Only Eyebrows...with a bit of spitup

Today's post is something of a realization. While talking with my friend Heather I realized that I am in daily need of talking to more than one adult. Since one adult is usually my husband, I am fairly OK...for the most part. Let me explain. There are many parts of my brain, heart and soul that need to be nourished daily. (Like many of us, correct?) Well, the part that is motherly and wifely is getting nourished beyond belief lately. And that is a great, wonderful thing. I love it and cherish it. The other part of me, the career minded part, misses the interaction with fellow colleagues and some intellectual conversation. (Not that I don't have that with my husband and friends on the phone) But I miss the conversations about school stuff with teachers about teachers, students and (EVEN...gasp!) curriculum. So what do I do? I take on a project that is school related (during my maternity) leave. This is not so hard...or so I think. The part where I do everything at home, talk to teachers from my school (who also happen to be on maternity leave) and research on the Internet is not so hard. The hard part? Going to another elementary school in my district and taking up a meeting with a teacher WITH MY FOUR WEEK OLD BABY! What the hell was I thinking? First of all, said baby decides to scream his little head off half way to the building, in the building and all the way into the meeting place EVEN THOUGH I had clearly fed him, changed him, brought the pacifier and was carrying him in his favorite front pack! (former sitter of older son CJ was also at said meeting and took small, screaming infant of mine for a short walk, calmed him down and held him for my 20 min meeting...I am more than thankful) So, this meeting went...well, let's just say I am not at my 100% yet and thank goodness I had written down questions prior to the meeting...like 2 and 3 days before. I lost my train of thought more than once mid conversation, I repeated myself more than I care to remember and I felt like a total idiot blubbering my way through and feeling like a wet sack of potatoes. To top it all off? I left the meeting, infant happy in pack, got to my truck and forgot my whole folder of notes and information the teacher had given me! I had to pack myself and infant all the way back inside the school and get my folder and again look and feel like an idiot for forgetting all the information. When will all this end? Apparently not today, because I just looked in the mirror and thank goodness I never left the house today because after my shower and getting dressed I put on my eyebrows but no other makeup...no eyeshadow, liner or mascara...ONLY my pencil thin eyebrows! And you guessed it...a nice stain of spit up on my left shoulder. Will I be ready for work on Nov. 3rd? Hmmmm, good question. Please inform me if you see something horribly wrong with my face, outfit, child or all of the above. I promise to not take offense.

5 comments:

Anna Gradek said...

You two looked fabulous when you came to visit me on Monday! You can come by anytime! My kids loved seeing that little guy!

Sarri said...

I think you are doing great. Cookies, scrapbooking, etc. You are fabulous! It's called 'mommy brain' though, and I'm glad I'm not the only one!!

Audrey said...

Ha! That's hilarious. Keep in mind your brain cells are like leaking through your breast milk right now. Maybe you should join a baby class? There's a nice one here. It's obviously not really for the babies, but for the moms to commiserate. Hang in there. I have a growing pile of books for you.
Aud

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Eyebrows are good. It could of been worse! Total mommy brain. Does it ever disappear?

Ty and Molly said...

The other day I didn't even realize Maya had spit up until I took my sweatshirt off and found it in the hood. Gross. I head back to work a few days a week on Oct. 14th and I am freaking out.