Today was my 38th birthday. On this day for the past 20 years (or so) my mom calls me at 7:30 AM to wish me a happy birthday. It is very cute and very much appreciated. She also tells me every year that I was born while the nurses had a shift change at the hospital. Until I had my own two boys I never really understood why that was so important to her or made such an impact. Now I do. When CJ was born 9 years ago I bonded with this one nurse (not sure of her name now) but I swore she saved my life and was "the best nurse ever". When her shift changed and I didn't see her again I mourned slightly. Just last year when Zac was born I had a more bonding experience with my sister than anyone...crazy how your brain works during labor. Anyway, today was a great day. My hubby was sweet and kind, my kids were awesome and my facebook friends took time to wish me a happy birthday. My peeps from Newby took me out to a fabulous lunch and now I am packed and ready to head to Mexico in the morning with Bethany. More to come in just a few days. Here's to a great birthday and safe travels! 
Ever since I have known Julie she has called me the day before my birthday to tell me that Gayle and her are picking me up the next day to take me to lunch. It is always a lunch that lasts 3 hours with many laughs, good food and some even better gossip! We do know how to have a great time. Here we are enjoying my birthday dessert...s'mores! It was soooo much fun! Thanks ladies!

2 comments:
Where did you go?
Hoping Ryan has the fantastic Mrs. Early for 1st grade this year. Court had her and she was great. Hope you have fun in Mexico!
Post a Comment