About Me

My photo
McMinnville, Oregon
Journey with me during this bit of change. We will see what comes down the road and meanders into our path. I still enjoy LomasLOL because well, we LOL a lot around our home and pretty much anywhere and it worked as a blog title for me when I started blogging. Now a new path.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Mexico

After a very wonderful and very fabulous birthday (friends and family are the best) I spent the evening packing for my 8 days in Mexico. I was pretty much mentally packed so there was not much to do. It was a quick and easy pack to say the least.
Back story:
My mom was the manager for a B&B in Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico for a year (2004). The owner of the B&B is Joan Davenport and she also owns Wine Country B&B in Dundee, Oregon. Anyway...my mom was the first manager, so she took about four months to ready the very large hacienda type home with a nice pool and grounds. My sister Anna, my (then 4 year old son) CJ and I went for 12 days over Christmas in 2004. We had a wonderful experience and really enjoyed the area. Fast forward about 5 years and the current managers wanted to take a short vacation back home and asked Anna to run the B&B while they were home. Anna and her friend were here for the first week and then Bethany (god-mother to my children) and I are here for the second week.
After Carlos and the boys dropped us at the airport Bethany and I realized that over the course of the past 15+ years of friendship we have never flown together. We are good travel companions so all went really well. It was fun to chat and have some alone time with my good buddy! The flight to Houston went great (with a movie) and then to Guadalajara was just great. Bethany was excited (her first trip to Mexico) and I was excited to return to place that is so nice and peaceful. I was looking forward to relaxing and enjoying some time to absolutely nothing. Reality is I am preparing for a college course I will be teaching in the fall this week also...but it is hard to do with so much NOT to do! Ha!
We were expecting to have the B&B driver pick us up from the airport but as we turned around there was my sister! A great super surprise! We arrived safe and sound, chatted a bit, got settled in and then crashed. We have a splendid 7 more days...so more to come! (I will split these into a few different posts and add some pictures these next couple days) Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Allison said...

I wish I was there! It sounds totally relaxing and wonderfully kid-free. And won't you guys appreciate your children all the more when you get back! Have a margarita for me. See you soon!