About Me

My photo
McMinnville, Oregon
Journey with me during this bit of change. We will see what comes down the road and meanders into our path. I still enjoy LomasLOL because well, we LOL a lot around our home and pretty much anywhere and it worked as a blog title for me when I started blogging. Now a new path.

Friday, August 6, 2010

It's My Birthday!



The day started out rather early...for some reason I could NOT sleep one minute past 6:30 am!  It might be due to the fact that my mom made the most delicious dinner for my family birthday gathering at her house the night before.  She made all my favorite food: BBQ steak, veggies, halibut and pasta with a wonderful 2003 Panther Creek Pinot Noir! And to top it all off, my family and some very close friends where there to celebrate with Anna's wonderful, super yummy and homemade peanut butter bars. 

The day that marks my 39th year of life started out with my husband making me coffee while Zac slept (CJ was overnight at Mimi's) and I played on the computer a bit, then breakfast with my boys.  Zac and I went on a walk to a friend's garage sale then over to my classroom for a consultation with another teacher friend and rearranged a bit then dropped Zac off at my mom's for a few hours while I went out to lunch with friends!  Whew...it was a very busy morning!

Julie and Gayle took me to Bistro Maison (again!) for some yummy drinks, lunch and dessert that lasted about 31/2 hours!  We had a lot to talk about!  We watched all the lunch guests arrive and then where still there while they cleaned up for lunch and were getting ready for dinner.  We had a blast!  

With just under an hour to spare Heather picked me up at 4:30 and we (with her parents) were off to Spirit Mt. Casino for another round of drinks, dinner and dessert! And again with lots of talking and catching up to do. Then we were off to see Air Supply in concert!  Whooooo-hooooo!  What a blast!
They played all the old classics and a few new selections from their new album...with lots of dramatics, lights and just an overall good show.  What a blast!  

Finally Heather's dad threw some money into a specially selected slot machine and after I pulled the handle a few times...well, let's just say I am now going to get a nice pedicure before school starts!   

It was a very great day, full of tasty drinks and savory food and sweet desserts and great people! 

Happy Birthday! 


1 comment:

Sarri said...

LOVE the birthday crown!! Happy Happy Birthday, glad you had a fabulous day! Thanks for the call last week, I keep meaning to call you back but things have been C-R-A-Z-Y. I'll try to swing by soon and show you pictures of our sweet little one though!