About Me

My photo
McMinnville, Oregon
Journey with me during this bit of change. We will see what comes down the road and meanders into our path. I still enjoy LomasLOL because well, we LOL a lot around our home and pretty much anywhere and it worked as a blog title for me when I started blogging. Now a new path.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Confessions of a Soccer Mom

Aunti Vicki, Zac and the soccer player

Zac...looking too cute in his hat! Check out last year (right corner, Zac on Carlos' shoulder)
I little late on the "hey, soccer is here", "check out the rain..must be soccer season" and "soccer mom-isms", but here some pictures. If you are wondering why I have not been blogging about soccer practice and games it is well...because I try really hard to stay away from soccer. (just kidding...a little bit) Soccer is not my favorite. I like it. It is OK. But I prefer baseball and basketball. CJ has been playing soccer for five years, I am still not sure about all the positions on the field or who can or can't be off-sides. I can tell you I love watching CJ play soccer. Run up and down the field and listen to him talk soccer with his Dad. I do get excited for him when he does well and I can do all the necessary talks when it was a not-so-great game, but I just don't enjoy the game itself. Sidenote: I am in for many more years of soccer because baby Zac (not sure how much longer I can call him baby...sorry, small birdwalk) was trying to put on CJ's shinguard. So, so, so cute. Anyway, soccer is going well this season. Good team, great coach and the first year of the big field.
My aunt came to visit this weekend and as we were driving down into Joe Dancer Park this is what she said to CJ, "There are your foes. There is the team you are going to beat. Be aggressive. Win. Play hard. Don't let them intimidate you." I am sure the competitive side is alive in well on my side of the family! HA!

No comments: