About Me

My photo
McMinnville, Oregon
Journey with me during this bit of change. We will see what comes down the road and meanders into our path. I still enjoy LomasLOL because well, we LOL a lot around our home and pretty much anywhere and it worked as a blog title for me when I started blogging. Now a new path.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

5th Grade

Note...this picture may  have been taken after the first day of 5th grade. It is also not the best picture, but it is a picture at least.  (He knows it is a fake smile and his eyes are closed, but he would not take another picture.  I could not use my camera because that would be at school on my desk.  The camera I took to school to take pictures of my 27 students on their first day...but not a picture my own!)  Insert Horrible-Mother-Award here.  He may need therapy at some point for this and well, many other reasons too, but there are too many to list at this point. I digress.

He started 5th grade today.  (I am saying screaming that over and over in my head!) I really am having a hard time believing it, taking it all in and grasping the idea that my "baby", 10 year-old baby is really growing up.  Really, really growing up.  He is a on his way to being a tween, well truth-be-told he is already acting like one!  He is super smart, very social, extremely funny and likes a variety of activities.  He will be playing football for the first time this year, too.  (I do like football more than soccer, but I am a little queasy about him tackling and being tackled!) We have been tossing the football around lately and that has been a blast! 

What else?

CJ is going to have a great year.  He is going to be busy, learn a lot (government, advanced math) and of course this spring it will be all about Outdoor School. 

"Exciting, fun and probably the best first day of school ever.  The best because it is the last in elementary school and I am at the top of the heap."  (Personally I think it is because he rock star teacher handed out slices of watermelon before recess!) 

I seriously think the next time I blog about him it will be announcing his college graduation or engagement. 

Time flies. 

1 comment:

The Fast Family said...

Such a great kid! We are gonna have fun with him!