About Me

My photo
McMinnville, Oregon
Journey with me during this bit of change. We will see what comes down the road and meanders into our path. I still enjoy LomasLOL because well, we LOL a lot around our home and pretty much anywhere and it worked as a blog title for me when I started blogging. Now a new path.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Fire Pit

We worked hard today! We took a corner spot in our yard that has been housing large amounts of rock and left-over concrete for about a  year.  Way back when in 2001, there used to be a small metal shed in the new fire pit location.  But that has been gone for many years.  We have had other things in that location over the years, but mostly it has been waiting for the fire pit to "arrive".  Well, today it all came together. 

We spent some time about a month ago making raised garden beds and changing our whole side yard to be garden, utility, garden center and now fire pit!  We still have some more to do: cedar chip walkways, in-ground fire pit and I am sure we will add more to the to-do list as time goes on and as we use the space. 
I moved all those concrete blocks and stepping stone by-myself.  As I sit here typing this...I am sore and tired! 
See where some nice cedar chip walkways would look great?  Now, imagine about two hours after this picture was taken...two boys, a plate of chocolate, crackers and marshmellos...FUN and YUMMY! 

No comments: