About Me

My photo
McMinnville, Oregon
Journey with me during this bit of change. We will see what comes down the road and meanders into our path. I still enjoy LomasLOL because well, we LOL a lot around our home and pretty much anywhere and it worked as a blog title for me when I started blogging. Now a new path.

Friday, January 1, 2010

OMSI

I took my friends' kids to OMSI the other day.  It was crowded, but super fun.  I had not been in years.  Miles and CJ had a blast...roaming alone for an hour with a cell phone and no hovering mom was a great taste of freedom for them.  I did learn, however, that they ran into some friends of ours there and CJ was slightly rude.  Hmmm, what is up with that?  I was not amused by my independent 9-year-old's behavior.  We had a small, stern and firm chat.  After the "what?", "huh?" and some time he finally understood (or just placated me, not sure) but either way, he had to hear my chat. 

Anyway...we had a great time.  Zac and Maddy played in the small kids area: air, water, kitchen, hiding, more water and after some soaking of the clothing and over an hour, Zac took a much needed nap!  Maddy and I went downstairs to find the boys.  While Zac slept they went to the Chemistry Lab, Physics Lab and other building/construction areas from the lower level.  You will see from the pictures how much fun they were having...no wait you won't.  They hardly smiled!  Here is my theory: they were totally engaged in thinking, exploring and wondering that they couln't smile.  Sure they enjoyed themselved.  I know because after they left any exhibit/explore area they bursted out in laughs, "that was a blast", and talking non-stop about how cool that "thing" just was...but while they were in the exhibit/explore area...no smiles.  Insteresting.

We left OMSI and headed for a McDonald's stop.  I am not a fan of that place but it is fun every-once-in-a-while.  Besides, Zac has never actually been inside the "restaurant".  Many french fries later we headed home.  IN THE SNOW!  It snowed and snowed and snowed and snowed for quite a few hours.  The kids told me how this was "the best day ever".  OMSI, McDonald's, friends and snow!  Wow!

In the snow pictures you see the kids LAUGHING!  Belly laughs, giggles, chuckles and pure enjoyment.  A different fun than earlier in the day.

How did we end such a perfect and fun day?  Beth made hot chocolate for all the kids and we sat down and watched Christams Vacation (of course).  Is this the wholesome movie we need our children to watch?  No.  Is it funny?  Yes.  Do get to hear my son laugh out loud at the semi-inappropriate parts and then look my way with some sort smirky grino on his face, "What? Its funny!".  Then listening to them quote the movie.  HA! 

Here is what I heard today, while driving in the car as it started to snow:
CJ:  Thank you Lord.  (long pause)  Thank you Mother Nature.
Maddy: Thank you Lord and Mother Nature.
Miles:  Ditto.
All:  (Yelling, screaming, hooting and hollering)
***
Me: Those clouds look like snow clouds.
(less then one second later)
Miles:  FIVE SNOWFLAKES JUST HIT THE WINDSHIELD!
***
(Listening to the radio and flipping through the channels) "No charge. Only pay shipping and handling."
(**note** "shipping" did not sound like shipping. it sounded like...you guessed it "shitting")
CJ: (after a few seconds)  Ummm, did they just say what I thought they said?
Me:  (laughing)  Ummm, I think so.  It sure sounded like it.
CJ: Pooping and handling!
CJ and Miles: (giggle, laugh, giggle, laugh)
Miles: You know the best part?  Maddy has no idea why that is funny. 
***
So, there you have it.  Our trip to OMSI in a not-so-small nutshell.  It was a great day with some great kids.  I am very blessed. 














Love his toes!











Zac at the water table.  See those eyes?  He is soooo tired!













Maddy getting a blow-out!
They are so excited...you just can't tell. 

























At the round table!














CJ got quite the shock!  I am sure he will remember this for a long time!




























Honestly...this is what I get when I ask them to pose.  Classic.

















SNOW!
You can't tell this is Zac...with Maddy's pink hat and purple jacket.  
American Gothic! (a la snow)

1 comment:

Anna Gradek said...

You repeated one of your OMSI pictures. Those are great though! :-) They look like they had a blast!