When I was in the 9th grade my English teacher (Mr. Phoenix) had us write an identity book. I hear he is still assigning the same assignment. Which is a good thing. There were chapters called Physical Me, My Family and I, Educational Me, Sports Me, Future Me...you get the point. I put in pictures. Really great pictures of me, my friends and my family. Spanning from my childhood until my 9th grade year. It was a great book. I got full credit, plus some. Mr. Phoenix thought my was outstanding. It was titled Paige's Pages.
It stayed in my hope-chest in my bedroom for 15 years.
One day we were doing an assignment in class (I can't remember what) and the thought popped into my head, "My identity book will be perfect to show my kids some authentic. Where is that thing?"
I went to my hope-chest. It was there. Just like I remembered it.
It cracked me up! I was not much of a writer in the 9th grade, but I had voice. The pictures were just as funny.
So, as I was sitting in bed one night, a good 20+ years later, revamping my blog title and layout, I thought of the perfect title.
And Paige's Pages was reborn.

1 comment:
You need to send this link to him!
And, yes they still do the Identity Book...its a very big deal to all 7th graders
Post a Comment