About Me

My photo
McMinnville, Oregon
Journey with me during this bit of change. We will see what comes down the road and meanders into our path. I still enjoy LomasLOL because well, we LOL a lot around our home and pretty much anywhere and it worked as a blog title for me when I started blogging. Now a new path.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

...and again we are in the paper!

So, I was featured in the local paper for writing a grant and implementing a PO system at our school.  Fun and a school-wide thing, but get this....

Here is one of my students featured for volunterring at our local community garden!  Way to go RoseLynn!
http://web.newsregister.com/news/results.cfm?story_no=256000

Then we had an Artist in Residence come to our school and teach the whole entire school Chinese Brush Art.  It was such a great time and we all learned so much.  Guess what?  The local paper came and took pictures during my class's session!
http://web.newsregister.com/news/results.cfm?story_no=256724

Finally, one of the educational assistants that come to my room daily and is the MOST FABULOUS ever was asked to talk about her life as a child in Ecuador AND (you guessed it) they came to take a picture of her while she was in my classroom!  (You can see my whiteboard in the background...a little TOO big if you ask me)
http://web.newsregister.com/news/results.cfm?story_no=257041

All in all it has been great to have so much coverage, but I am looking forward to some time out of the spotlight!  HA!  My kids have been thrilled and we have multiply copies of the paper brought to us and we put them in our newsbook each time! 

What is next?  Not sure.  But we will be ready and smiling!

1 comment:

Sarri said...

Too fun. I love that article on Ms R!