About Me

My photo
McMinnville, Oregon
Journey with me during this bit of change. We will see what comes down the road and meanders into our path. I still enjoy LomasLOL because well, we LOL a lot around our home and pretty much anywhere and it worked as a blog title for me when I started blogging. Now a new path.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of School

I was not ready. This time last year I was at home with a newborn. Not worried about anything at school. Loving the fact that I was home being a mom. Did not miss the hum of a new school year at all. This year it was a slow denial that moved into a forgetful denial and this morning when my alarm went off I was in full memory lapse..."what is that sound?" So I was very surprised when I actually got to the school and saw all those bright and smiling faces, classroom ready for them and all my teacher friends greeting me with smiles and seemingly so happy to be back at school. The day started well and finished well. I have a great group of kids! They are awesome. I think they are ready for me and I am more than ready for them...it might just take a few more mornings for me to be out of the summer-fun-fog. As for my giant, super smart, witty, social 4th grader...he is loving it! He finished his first day HW on his own (and did marvelous writing and responding in his journal). He was so excited to see his friends and really liked his teacher. To brighten my day just a bit...Carlos brought me lunch! As for my little baby boy? He spent the whole day with the sitter. Don't get me wrong. He loves her. She loves him. Her whole family loves him! They really do have a great time together. But when we packed him in the car this morning and he was crying...let's just say that I was ready for some more summer days with both my boys! So another first day has come and gone. Day two (and three and four and...and...) I am ready for you with a smile on my face. (There are no pictures but my boys did look great today) CJ is classic khakis with blue t-shirt and tennis shoes and Zac in his new Nike shorts/running outfit from Auntie Anna! Tooo cute!!!!! Love my boys!

1 comment:

Allison said...

We are definitely back in the swing of things. I wasn't ready either, but now I can barely remember what it was like before! And it has only been four days.