About Me

My photo
McMinnville, Oregon
Journey with me during this bit of change. We will see what comes down the road and meanders into our path. I still enjoy LomasLOL because well, we LOL a lot around our home and pretty much anywhere and it worked as a blog title for me when I started blogging. Now a new path.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend


What a busy weekend we had!

CJ had his first baseball game of the season. It ended in a tie, 2-2. The team played well. CJ played left field, right field, second base and shortstop during the6-inning-two-hour-game! (It was really not that bad.) The weather was gorgeous, the boys had a great time and it was great to catch up with (read gossip) with Allison and Bethany. As you can see baby Zac had his own way of passing the time. Faithful Blue Wildcat followers (Stevie’s grandparents) are also catching some sun and watching the game. If this weather holds it will be a great two months of baseball season. Let’s hear it for some more sunshine!

Saturday was another big day! We headed to Albany to visit my Aunt Vicki and two of her four kids, Britany and Bree. This was the first time they met Zac and they were sooooo happy! They just moved up from Medford and I am thrilled they are so much closer. I hope when school is out we can visit more often. On the other side of Albany lives Audrey and Kevin (OSU college friends) and their two beautiful boys. We had some great food, wonderful conversation and the boys all had fun together. Why is it that so much time always goes by in-between visits? It is a short trip down the road, we should make more time for more visits. Friends are so important!

Sunday, Mother’s Day. My husband and boys brought me breakfast in bed. They were so cute. CJ even was carrying Zac AND the ketchup bottle while Carlos carried a tray. I did enjoy the peace and quiet but I would have preferred breakfast at the table with my family. It was a little lonely in the bedroom eating breakfast by myself; though it was delicious. We hung out for a bit before we headed to my mom’s. I was amazed at all the texts, phone calls and posts wishing everyone a happy mother’s day. It was wonderful. Carlos went to a friend’s to split some wood from his downed tree and I hung out with the boys, my mom and sister. Such a great time. My mom always has something yummy cooking and to nibble on, CJ gets to do whatever he wants and my sister loves hanging with my baby. (She did change a dirty diaper…thanks!) I went over to help Carlos stack the wood and chat for a bit AND….ended up helping him split wood! Not a typical Mother’s Day thing to do, but it was fun in a weird sort of way. Hard work, really hard work. But it was nice to have some alone time with Carlos even though we were both gross and sweaty dirty. I do have a blister on each hand from swinging the ax and sledge hammer! HA! I think this will be a mother’s day like no other!

Happy Mother’s Day to all of you!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Happy Mother's Day, Paige! You are a great mama! And I can tell you are loved by Many! That Zac is beautiful!!! What a sweetie! Love stalking your blog!

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Happy Mother's Day Paigeeee! Sounds like you guys had a good time. I would take splitting wood anyday over cleaning up from a little one with the flu! Good times!

Anna Gradek said...

You only posted the picture of Zac and Aunt Vicki...where are the pictures from his game?

Glad T could help you guys out on Smother's Day :)