"Do you want to go to the moon or to orbit?" When we were in trouble as kids this is what my grandpa Jules used to ask us. Of course he was always kidding and it got us laughing. He was so rarely ever mad at any of us.
Here is to the day to remember my grandfather. He was such a kind and gentle man. So patient and forgiving. He was so proud of all of us. I really loved how he taught Carlos so much about word working and being a handyman. When we named our first son CJ (Carlos Jules) we never knew how much CJ was going to be like his great-grandfather, my grandpa Jules. I miss him so much and will remember so many great things about him. Here's to you Gramps! Love ya and miss ya! Thanks for all that you did to make me who I am today. Here is a picture taken of CJ on this Memorial Day.
Another great memory of Memorial Day is from 1995! The day that Carlos and I announced to my family (at the Memorial Day BBQ) that we were officially dating. Small moment in history for the rest of you...kind of big moment for me (us)! Here is a picture of our latest (not so little) bundle of joy on the day he is 9-months old. My baby Zac.

3 comments:
Love the pics! Thanks for sharing about your grandpa.
That is SUCH a good picture of your boy! Actually, both boys! :)
Did you ever call him Grandpa Jules? I never did. I thought about him too when I saw a vet "selling" poppies outside of a Safeway in Bend. Made me miss him.
Post a Comment