Meeting with some of my fellow OSU grads is a special treat for me. They are the women that I connected with that first year in Poling Hall, continued our friendship through the way too cramped (but some serious fun) in the apartment and then finishing our years at the blue house. Oh, that blue house brings back so many memories...these friends are entwined in these memories so deeply that I really can't think of one without the other.
Audrey...it all started with a hole in the wall and a clock, moving on to lampshades, the Super-ette, "relaxing" and frothy daiquiri...I luv ya man!
Heather...my roomie who put up with me as I put up with her (even though we didn't want to be roomies at first we ended as roomies) I can't think of the blue house without thinking of you, Duna-Tuna, planting flowers and dear Nana.
Cara...I am your biggest fan, your groupie and remember sunny days, taking walks, Izzy's overload, sitting on the porch and hours of talking and listening.
Beth..."what do you mean her last name isn't Peka?" and our connection in those early years was dear Aud, how far we have come! CJ and Miles have a friendship built to last.
What is really cool, neat, fabulous and fun is that Cara started dating her now husband the same time I started dating mine, Audrey married a fellow OSU alum and I went on a "date" with Beth and her current husband. Heather started this crazy tradition and group with a fun-filled weekend at the beach...thanks Heather.
Since those glorious days at OSU we have moved onto husbands and kids...making our way and creating our families. So ladies, thanks again for such a fabulous night of laughter, laughter with tears, belly laughs and laughing some more! Now we have our babies, toddlers and young children. We have so many memories to remember from the past 19 years! I love ya ladies!

2 comments:
Audry=Elle Fitzgerald
Audry=me on roller blades and you yelling at me
Post a Comment