Here is Carlos reading some great magazine while I am checking into the hospital.
Almost ready to go. That tube? Pumps warm to cool air INTO the hospital gown...the three-ply very cool gown. I was toasty warm.
Out of surgery and feeling no pain...yet.
Home with some very swollen fingers. Ouch!
A few years ago I had a cyst on my wrist. It didn't hurt and after some pushing on it for several weeks it just went away. A bit later it came back. Bigger and stronger and started to annoy the hell out of me and frankly it looked gross and creepy. So, my doctor sucked the life out of it with a syringe and then filled it up with some poison. (Condensed version of the doctor's visit) Now fast forward another year and "it's back". Again, bigger and stronger and it hurt more and was really gross to look at...so I opted for surgery. Everyone asked/told/indicated that all I had was a "Bible-bump" and only needed them to whack it good for me and it would go away. After I told them the above story they would either say "Oh, yeah...good call on the surgery" or "I could still whack it for ya". The later was not going to happen.
Scheduling surgery is hard with 2 kids, a full time job, a husband and all the odds and ends that make up a busy and full life. But, the day arrived rather quickly and all was taken care of nicely. Good thing I got the surgery because the doctor told me that the cyst was wrapped fairly well around my tendon and stuff inside my hand and I had to have stitches inside my hand. Ouch! Those are what really hurt the most.
So, now I sit here 12 days post-op and I am about 85% back to normal and really getting stronger everyday. My stitches come out Tuesday and then out of the brace too! I am thrilled.
All in all it was a fairly good experience (as far as surgery goes) and my husband gets the "Husband of the Year Award" for putting up with me, helping me and just being a great guy! A shout out to Hayley too...she came in a saved the evening too!
Thanks!




1 comment:
What a cute post, Paige. Hope you are on the mend now. :)
Post a Comment