Zac had a febrile seizure at 3:00 PM, April 16th. It scared us all very badly.
CJ was the one who called me on the phone to let me know because he and my aunt and my mom were all at my mom's house for the afternoon. It happened very quickly. My mom, aunt and CJ all re-acted quickly to get Zac safe. I rode with Zac to the hospital in the ambulance. Friends and family arrived at the hospital to provide support and love. It was all very much appreciated.
Zac was a trooper and pulled through fabulously. Carlos was so strong, holding Zac for the x-rays and giving up his big-broad shoulder for Zac to rest his hot little head on in the ER. It was an amazing experience how everyone in the ER works for your child and for (us) the family. I was impressed.
Zac is now fine and back to his old self after a few days of keeping pretty tight tabs on him and monitoring his temp and giving him many doses of Ibuprofin and Tylenol and letting him rest as often as needed. He is a strong, growing boy and he bounced back (just like the dr said he would) in 5-10 days.
I am so very grateful for all the love, support and kindness from our family and friends.
Carlos holding a very hot Zac, 105 degree temp!
Zac all hooked up to his IV port.
When he woke up he said "Owee" and then kissed his hand with the IV.
So sweet.
This is the monitor on his big toe and when he woke up,
he was very interested in the glowling light on his toe.
If you have never heard of a febrile seizure (like my family and I) then please take the time to look it up on the internet, ask around about them and get information. They are not serious, but can seriously scare the life right out of any mom, dad, brother, aunt or grandma!




2 comments:
I'm so glad he is all better! And, I'm even more glad that both mom and Vicki were there when it all happened. Love that lil' punkin!
Glad he is doing well. That must have been really scary!
Post a Comment