About Me

My photo
McMinnville, Oregon
Journey with me during this bit of change. We will see what comes down the road and meanders into our path. I still enjoy LomasLOL because well, we LOL a lot around our home and pretty much anywhere and it worked as a blog title for me when I started blogging. Now a new path.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Funeral for a Friend

Today marked the funeral of a great man, Jake Wanner.

He was a kind and gentle man who cared about people.  He liked to have a good time and share his stories. 

I will never forget how he took the time to record a news clip about a very nice school (because he knew I was a teacher) and said, "Hey Paige, how would you like to teach there?" and then we had a great discussion about teaching and education.  Jake was a thoughtful man.

I love how he took the time with my boys.  Each summer we would visit the river he would make sure they were having a great time on his property. 

Thank Jake for modeling kindness, compassion and thoughtfulness towards others. 

You will be missed, but not forgotten.

No comments: